Our team has worked hard to prepare to open camp on June 1st! New COVID-19 procedures are in place, as well as awesome curriculum and staff that are extremely excited to see the campers. We constantly monitor the decisions and recommendations from St. Louis County and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
Barron Summer Camp COVID-19 Status
New Procedures (COVID-19)
Current Revision: May 25, 2020
This document is a summary of the safety standards and programming procedures that Barron Summer Camps will be following for Summer 2020. It is subject to change based on updated information and recommendations from local, state, and federal authorities.
Physical Distancing Procedures
- Children will remain in small groups, no more than 9 campers per staff member. We will
keep the same children and camp leaders together.
- We will fully utilize our 14,000 square foot facility and outdoor space (weather permitting)
to keep groups separated. Each group will have their own individual time scheduled for camp stations.
- Each group will have their own lunch time to ensure the social distancing.
- Camp staff will use non-contact forms of enthusiasm; for example, air fives.
- We designed a clear gym layout with physical distancing markers to provide social
distancing for our camp leaders and campers.
Screening Procedures for all Staff and Campers
As campers and staff arrive, prior to entering camp, a designated Barron staff member, wearing protective equipment, will take temperatures and ask screening questions. If the staff or camper does not meet the criteria necessary, they will not be permitted into camp.
- Screening Questions – Barron staff will ask each person (or caregiver on their behalf) if they have had any of the following symptoms within the last 24 hours:
- fever, cough, difficulty breathing, other signs of illness
- any exposure to another individual with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Temperatures – Barron Staff will take camper and staff temperatures with a no-touch thermometer. The temperature must be under 100º to enter camp. The temperatures will not be recorded or said out loud.
Pick Up Procedures
- Individual groups will exit the gym with their camp leader. While social distancing, they will wait on the sidewalk for their parents.
- In the event of bad weather, a Barron staff member, wearing protective equipment, will cue parents by the child’s group color, parents will come to the entrance, and we will send the children out to their parent individually.
Health and Illness Procedures
- Staff will be wearing protective equipment during pick up and drop off, when interacting with the parents.
- Staff will wear cloth masks when social distancing from children is difficult or impossible.
- We will provide frequent opportunities every camp, in addition to before and after lunch and after bathroom trips, for hand-washing or hand sanitizing for staff and children. Campers will sanitize their hands between each camp station.
- If anyone has a temperature of 100.4º or higher while at camp, they will be moved into an isolated location immediately and the family will be notified to come pick up the child.
- We will monitor staff and campers throughout the day for any signs of possible illness.
- Staff will be trained on new screening procedures.
- We will ask and remind campers to use tissues to wipe their nose and to cough inside their elbows.
- We will post signs in restrooms and near sinks to convey proper handwashing techniques.
Equipment Usage and Cleaning
- We have removed any equipment that is not in full use to guarantee that we are capable of cleaning surfaces after they are used. Equipment will be frequently sanitized between each camp group.
- We have removed small camp props that are unable to be disinfected.
- We will immediately clean and disinfect surfaces after each group has lunch.
- We will pre-prep arts & crafts activities by individual bags for children to easily pick up, limiting cross contamination.