Fueling Up For A Swim Lesson
I think many of us growing up remember our parents or authorities at the local swimming pool saying that we had to wait a minimum of 30 minutes before we could get into the water after eating a meal 마이크로 오피스 2019. This has been medically proven to not be the case. However, it is not ideal to have your child load up and eat something huge right before they enter the pool 다운로드.
What we would like to focus on in this blog is the “what” to eat before your child’s swim lesson. When it comes to your child’s tummies, you want to be sure you are fueling them up for swim lesson the right way, and are beginning to instill healthy eating habits as well 다운로드.
We know that sometimes kids are coming straight from school or another activity. We want them to have their tummies content not stuffed. Here are the DO’S and DON’TS that may help you fuel your child’s stomach just right 다운로드.
- Eat a huge meal right before you get in the car to come to class – save the big meal for after 다운로드. It will fill the child’s stomach and may make them uncomfortable and we know what can happen when a child’s stomach begins to rumble and hurts.
- Give them sugary-based treats 다운로드. Sugary snacks can upset stomachs, create a lot of jittery energy, and sit heavy in a child’s stomach.
- Feed your child snacks loaded with complex carbohydrates (found in foods such as peas, beans, and whole grains)
- Please avoid dairy products or milk adobe 지원관리자 다운로드. These products are very hard to digest and sit heavy in the stomach.
- FAST FOOD – we know it is the easiest option sometimes and it has the tendency to slow the kids down rather than fuel them up 다운로드.
- Light healthy snacks to make sure they have plenty of energy for their lesson.
- Fruits and vegetables
- Dry crackers – gold fish, crackers, crackers with peanut butter, pretzels
- Raisins, almonds
- Make sure they are hydrated properly 다운로드. It is warm in the water and the pool area. Water is highly recommended. Stay away from soda and juice boxes which contain a lot of sugar.
Implementing these simple suggestions will help increase your child’s positive experience in the water and will begin to instill healthy eating habits for life 영수증 양식 다운로드.